Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Temple Activity Day

I wanted to do an activity with the girls that taught them a little about Heavenly Fathers house, the temple.. I know they want to do something though not just have a lesson. So I decided to do a collage with them that answered what the temple is for and things they can do to go inside someday. We just talked about the temple as we glued and arranged and answered questions the girls had.

I found the page above in The Friend magazine and used it as a guide. 
These are the flyers. They are tiny, maybe 3 inches, and have a few rolo candies inside.

The Collage:
 Our temple is the Newport Beach Temple so this is the picture I wanted front and center.
These are the photos I used. The pictures not of the temple represent some of the questions you answer to receive a recommend: Do you believe Christ is our Savior? Do you believe this is the restored church? Do you believe President Nelson is a prophet? Do you attend your meetings? Do you keep your covenants? and then I included a recommend for them to write their own name on and a couple temple related quotes.
We talked about those recommend interview questions as we worked too.

I love these temple boxes from Cookie Nut Creations! I used big ones for popcorn snacks during the activity and mini ones for the flyer.

This section describes what the temple rooms are used for and provides a list from The Friend magazine of things the Primary children can do now to prepare to enter the Holy Temple.

These temple boxes I made large, one took up a whole page of card-stock. I put the girls after activity snack inside, rolos and popcorn.

 My girls collages. I love the photos behind the temple to represent "See yourself in the temple".

                                         Temple Bracelet:
After we finished the temple collage we made temple bracelets to remind them to prepare now to go inside someday. The tiny temples are so sweet!
 I got the mini temples from Doodle Beads. They were awesome and I didn't have to wait long at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment