Sunday, September 30, 2018

Scripture Hero- Learn & Live the Gospel

When it was time to start I gave the girls a pillowcase of sheets and clips and told them to use anything in the room and make a tent in the wilderness that they could all fit in. They had 8 minutes to do it. One side had to be open so they could see me and the other leader though. Then we had song and prayer.

The girls took turns talking about their favorite scripture hero and how they can follow their examples and have faith in Jesus Christ.
I gave the girls the scripture hero page to fill out as the flyer. The girls filled out the page and came prepared to share.
After sharing it was time for some games. Before games I would have the girls share their thoughts.
Example: Our next activity involves armor. Tell me thoughts or events in the scriptures involving armor. How can we use this knowledge to help us now?

The girls were always insightful and I loved hearing their testimonies.
Activity 1- Use the 2 rolls of foil (dollar store) and make armor.
Activity 2- We then taught about how the examples of hero in the scriptures can be a blessing. I divided the girls in 2 groups and gave them envelopes with the pictures (I cut off the words on the pictures describing the events) and captions. The girls raced to match the correct picture and caption.


 Activity 3- We talked about boats in the scriptures and then raced our paper boats using only a straw to blow through.


No comments:

Post a Comment